Did you know that March 8 was National Organize Your Home Work Office Day? It is observed every year on the second Tuesday of March! Use these tips to help get your home office tidied up so you can establish a productive and healthy work environment!
- Start over. Sometimes it gets so bad that you literally just have to start from scratch. Clear it all off and go from there.
- Tame your cables. Use zip ties or rubber bands to make them less tangled. Less tangle means your workspace will already appear cleaner and more organized.
- Set a trash can nearby. Some people don’t have one at their desk and that leads to piles of trash in random areas. A trash can is a simple solution for this.
- If you have the option- scan your paperwork into files and then ditch the paper. This will leave less piles of folders and paper stack lying around.
- Throw things away. There’s no need to have 50 different writing utensils, 3 staplers, several staple removers and a truckload of paper lips and rubber bands all stashed in different areas. Leave what you need on your desktop, and choose one designated area for refills.
These are just a few tips to help get your home office into a more productive area. Feel free to add or take away as it fits your needs!